Monday, August 6, 2007

The Way You Look At Things

This morning I received an email which stated in part:

"Crowd out all inferior thoughts by superior thoughts, evil thoughts by good thoughts, ugly thoughts by beautiful thoughts, distressing thoughts by pleasant thoughts, and you will begin to overcome the growth of all negative and confused states of wrong and discord. In other words, learn to think constructively of all persons, all things, all events, and all circumstances. Appraise them from the ideal point of view. As you do this you will gradually transform your whole existence for the better. These are the means whereby you may steadily promote your welfare and advancement.

As you train yourself to mentally look for the good, you will move towards the good; and, as you form higher and larger conceptions of the good, these elements will begin to find expression in your words, acts, character, person, talents, powers, attainments, and achievements; that is, all things in your life will commence to improve as the direct result of your improved thinking."

Raymond Holliwell

I try to do this all the time, but I find myself so often sliding back into the thought patterns imbedded in my mind by the many years of living on this planet. I know that the more I concentrate my thinking to a new pattern the easier it will become, but there are times...

I think Dr. Wayne W. Dyer said it so well. "The way you look at things changes the way things look."

I try. I really do.











I have discovered "The Secret"!
It has changed my life!
It is at: http://lifeabundant.ca

No comments: