Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Self-confidence

Rosalynn Carter, Former American First Lady of the United States, once said, “ If you doubt you can accomplish something, then you can't accomplish it. You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through."

One thing for which I have to thank my Mother is that, from my earliest memories, she led me to believe I could do anything I set my mind to. To this day, at 72, I still feel that way. Many times I have been faced with a situation which required action, the likes of which I had never encountered before. Still, I tackled it, knowing that if anyone else could do it, so could I. I never met failure! Yes, I sometimes had to re-work things, and sometimes it took many attempts before I got it right. But in the end I always succeeded!

Thanks, Mom, wherever you are, for giving me that self-confidence to succeed.

Your loving daughter.

Samantha

For a boost in self-confidence go to The Life Abundant!

No comments: