Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Living as Opposed to Existing

Author Michael E. Gerber, (The E-Myth Revisited), once said, "The difference between great people and everyone else is that great people create their lives actively, while everyone else is created by their lives, passively waiting to see where life takes them next. The difference between the two is the difference between living fully and just existing."

It seems to me that almost everyone tends to live their life reacting to their environment; to what they think they see and hear. They go along with the crowd. They really don’t think. And their life seems quite hum drum to me.

Now I shouldn’t criticise, for that is exactly the way I went through the greatest portion of my life. It wasn’t until just recently that I "wised up". It was through reading such books as "The Self-Aware Universe" by Amit Goswami and "The Power of Intention" by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, that I discovered situations and things are not necessarily what they seem. They just "are". It’s what I make of them that counts. And I have learned that the way I look at things changes the way things look. Documentaries such as "What The [Bleep] Do We Know" and "The Secret" were real blessings for me.

Now I do my best to create my life as I want it to be. I no longer worry about "what the neighbours might think", (according to Bob Proctor they don't!), or how good or bad something might appear to be. By daily study and by exercising my thinking mind I am becoming more and more aware of the universal laws which govern everything. And I am so happy and grateful that, at the age of 72, I am growing intellectually and spiritually. I am finding the world a marvellous and exciting place, and I am rejoicing in my life.

Samantha
I found my life through The Life Abundant. You can too!

No comments: