Friday, October 19, 2007

What do I really want?

Orison Swett Marden, Author and the Founder of Success Magazine, once said, "We lift ourselves by our thought. If you want to enlarge your life, you must first enlarge your thought of it and of yourself. Hold the ideal of yourself as you long to be, always everywhere."

Wallace Wattles, in his book, The Science of Getting Rich, suggests that one needs to have a clear and precise mental picture of what it is you want, and to keep it constantly in your mind. Once you know exactly what it is you want, by keeping it in the forefront of your mind you are able to focus clearly on it, sending the right message to the universe through the power of the Law of Attraction.

For me, and I think that for most people, defining so clearly what it is I want is a very difficult thing. It requires a great deal of concentrated thought. Then another problem arises. As I try to concentrate on what it is I really want, the thought that it really isn’t possible suddenly flashes, even if ever so briefly, thorough my consciousness. And I am sure that that negative thought goes out to the universe just as surely as does the thought that gave birth to it! I understand that conflicting messages to the universe result in nothing happening. The Law of Attraction demands clarity in order to work. I guess that this is where faith comes in, faith in knowing that what you really want is already being moved towards you.

So I think I am going to follow Napoleon Hill’s advice, (Think And Grow Rich), and write down what it is I want, and read it aloud twice every day, once in the morning and once in the evening. I know that in order to grow in all areas of my life I need to become larger than my present place. And, I know that doesn’t mean I need to eat more.

Samantha
There is a seminar series based on Wallace Wattles’ book. Seven free lessons from it are available through The Life Abundant. I tried them. Wonderful!

No comments: