Friday, January 30, 2009

I just smile.

I can’t tell you how often people have come up to me at a social gathering and said something like, “I sure wish I had your money!” I don’t ask them why. I just smile.

I used to reply that they could have as much money as they think I have. I used to ask them to imagine their annual salary becoming their monthly salary. The usual response I got to that was that I must be a dreamer, and that such a thing would be totally impossible.

Of course, they were right on both accounts! First and foremost, I am a dreamer, but I put my dreams to work! And second, as the late Henry Ford once said, “Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can’t, you are absolutely correct.”

Why do I just smile? Well, I don’t want to appear sad, but sad is what I feel for them. They do not realize that they, and they alone, have put the limits on their lives. So they just dream of the life they have forced themselves to believe that they can never have.

They refuse to believe me when I tell them otherwise. The number of original excuses I hear continues to amaze me.

And so I just smile.

Samantha
samantha@lifeabundant.ca
The Life Abundant

No comments: